Why choose our Young 5's program?
- Developmentally-appropriate curriculum promotes Kindergarten Readiness
- Curriculum is aligned with Common Core state standards and Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCE's) and includes S.T.E.M. (Science, Engineering, Technology, and Math) units of study
- Bi-annual assessments record students' progress
- Focus on phonemic awareness, emergent reading skills, and primer sight words
- Proven, research-based curriculum, Handwriting Without Tears, and "Letters and Numbers for Me," help students achieve school success
- Enrichment programs - Gymnastics/Fitness, Music Appreciation, and Tech Time with Terance - included in tuition
Curriculum & Enrichment Programs:
- Language Arts and Math instruction based on Common Core State Standards for Kindergarten
- Social Studies instruction based on Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCEs) for Kindergarten
- C.O.R.E. Values Character Education Program
- Letters and Numbers for Me from Handwriting Without Tears
- S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Curriculum
- Fun 'N' Fit Movement Education
For more information about our curriculum system, visit our Curriculum page. For more information on how our enrichment programs enhance the AppleTree/Gilden Woods experience, visit our Enrichment Programs page.