At AppleTree and Gilden Woods, we value family. We recognize that the younger years of a child's life are the years when bonds are created and lasting relationships are formed. For this reason, we provide many opportunities for our families to have fun with their children. We aim to celebrate all parent-child relationships by providing occasions that honor all of the various family relations. All of the events below are held after 4:00 pm (with the exception of Mornings with Mom, Daybreak with Dad, and Grahams with Grandparents). Of course, all events are optional. We hold the following events each year as a way to celebrate family and family-school connections.
- February - Valentine's Day Dance
- March - National Reading Month Family Reading Night
- April - Month of the Young Child Family Spring Carnival
- May - Morning with Mom & Parent-Teacher Conferences
- June - Daybreak with Dad
- July - Family Field Day
- September - Grahams with Grandparents
- October - Fall Harvest Family Festival
- November - Parent-Teacher Conferences
- December - Family Holiday Party
Our teachers utilize our proprietary C.O.R.E. Assessment tool to evaluate how children are meeting learning objectives. Development and learning reports are reviewed with parents twice a year at Parent-Teacher Conferences to celebrate children's achievements and establish future goals.
Early morning and end-of-day chats are encouraged between parents and teachers. This daily dialogue is the perfect opportunity to share valuable information regarding the day's events, goals for the week, and the overall well-being of your child.