At AppleTree and Gilden Woods, we strive to bring awareness to topics related to child development & health as well as provide family-friendly resources.
- Keeping you in the know: On Day 1, you'll receive your first update about your child's experience, plus a few photos. After that, daily communication with your child's teacher and your personalized real-time AppleGram will be valuable pieces of communication about your child's daily experiences.
- We are proud to host monthly Family Involvement Activities to celebrate all of the special bonds in a family. You can find the annual calendar of events under Parent Involvement.
- Looking for new family-friendly links for yourself or your child who is beginning to use a computer with your guidance? We have you covered in our Family-Friendly Links area.
- Need new titles to add to your collection at home or list for the library? We provide Book Recommendations for Caldecott and Newbery award winners, titles from well-known authors and illustrators, and New York Times Bestsellers.
- We share additional parent resources on our Blog monthly including monthly development and health themes as part of our Family Awareness Campaign to Teach (F.A.C.T.) initiative. Topics include Car Seat Safety (January), National Dental Health Month (February), Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Month (June), National Fire Awareness Month (October), and Toy Safety Month (December).
- Do you have any questions in regards to the care and education that your child receives at AppleTree/Gilden Woods? Check our FAQs area to see if other parents have asked the same question. Of course, even if you find your answer in the FAQ area, our Program Directors embrace an "open door" policy and are more than happy to provide additional information.
If you have a health or development related topic that you would like us to cover, please Contact Us with your request.