Selecting a preschool program for your child is an exciting milestone however, it may feel overwhelming. As a parent, you want to find the right program for your child. A program that excites them, provides a safe and secure environment, and prioritizes kindergarten readiness.
To help relieve some of the pressure of selecting a preschool program here are some key components to look for:
- Industry Respected Curriculum- look for a curriculum that develops cognitive, social/emotional, physical, appreciation of arts, language/literacy, numbers/math, readiness/writing skills that will provide a strong foundation for your child’s future educational journey.
- Developmentally Appropriate Classroom- look for a classroom that allows your child to play independently and allows teachers to guide their interactions, and partner in children’s play to extend their use of imagination and problem solving skills.
- Enrichment Programs- look for additional programs that give your child a well-rounded experience as they continue to grow, learn, and thrive.
At AppleTree & Gilden Woods we provide all three components and more in our K-Prep Preschool Program!
Our C.O.R.E. Curriculum System is a combination of industry respected curriculum and proprietary learning tools:
- The Creative Curriculum®
- Get Set for School®
- C.O.R.E. Language & Literacy Acquisition Program
The combination of these curriculums ensures that all domains of development necessary for a quality, educational early childhood experience.
Learning centers in a preschool program help to organize the environment and curriculum. At AppleTree & Gilden Woods each K-Prep classroom provides learning centers that help children learn fundamental skills while they explore new concepts through hands-on activities.
To ensure all children’s interests are being recognized AppleTree & Gilden Woods also provides several enrichment programs. The following enrichment programs are available:
- C.O.R.E. Values Character Education
- Fitness Program- “Pedal’s Fun ‘N’ Fit”
- Music & Movement Program- “Lyric’s Melody Makers”
- Foreign Language Program- “Adabelle’s Spanish Club”
- Technology Program- “Tech Time with Terance”
- S.T.E.M.- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
Learn more about our K-Prep Preschool Program and schedule your personal tour by contacting your local AppleTree or Gilden Woods Early Care and Preschool. Click here to find a school near you!