Mother's Day (Sunday, May 14th, 2017) is a day to appreciate mothers and mother figures that are important in our lives including mothers, grandmothers, stepmothers, foster mothers, and more.
Finding the perfect Mother's Day gift can be difficult, if not impossible, at times. Really, most mothers just want to feel loved and appreciated. Anything "homemade" from their little ones can definitely top the list.
Here are a few ideas to help those who haven't found the perfect gift or want to do something extra special for the Mom in their life.
- Mother's Day Handprints and Footprints - These can be done on a piece of canvas (can be found at your local craft store, such as Michael's or Hobby Lobby), a flower pot, a mug, t-shirt, or cardstock placed into a nice picture frame.
- "Why I Love My Mom" - Have your emergent writer pen their own list or scribe for them all of the reasons why Mom is so magnificent.
- Mother's Day MadLibs - Designed for the older child and guaranteed to get laughs. Click here for the free template. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Freebie-Mothers-Day-Madlibs-Silly-and-Sweet
- Photo Keepsake - Create a framed photo collage from pictures from throughout the past year or of a special event. Be sure to grab the tissues though, this gift may cause happy tears.
- A hand-picked bouquet - Fresh or wild flowers picked by their children is a favorite of almost every Mom.
Good luck finding the "perfect" gift for this Mother's Day! The simplest, heartfelt gifts can be the most appreciated.