Father’s Day (Sunday, June 16th, 2019) is a day to appreciate those men in our lives that are important to us. Fathers, grandfathers, stepfathers, foster fathers, uncles, and/or any special person that we want to honor on this day.
Finding the perfect Father's Day gift can be difficult, if not impossible, at times. Really, most fathers just want to feel loved and appreciated. Anything "homemade" from their little ones can definitely top the list.
Here are a few easy DIY ideas for you and your little one to make for the Dad in your lives this Father’s Day!
- Father's Day Handprints and Footprints - These can be done on a piece of canvas (can be found at your local craft store, such as Michael's or Hobby Lobby), a mug, t-shirt, or cardstock placed into a nice picture frame.
- "Why I Love My Dad" - Have your emergent writer pen their own list or scribe for them all of the reasons why Dad is so awesome.
- Photo Keepsake - Create a framed photo collage of pictures from throughout the past year or of a special event. Be sure to grab the tissues though, this gift may cause happy tears.
- A hand-painted apron- Pick up a white apron from any craft store and have your budding artists create a master piece any Dad would love to wear!
- A Father’s Day Acrostic Poem- Write Dad, Father, or their Name vertically and have your little one come up with words that remind them of Dad.
Good luck finding the "perfect" gift for this Father's Day! The simplest, heartfelt gifts can be the most appreciated.